Vegan Sisal Body Brush With Removable Handle
Feel the tingle!
This natural vegan sisal fiber bristle dry or wet body brush is made from medium firm Agave fibers, cotton and Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) beech wood from Argentina. It does not have any plastic elements and comes in a 100% cotton bag.
The handle is 13 inches long, the brush is 5L x 2.75W inches and together they measure 16.25 inches long
What it's good for
- Dry body brushing is a great way to exfoliate the skin. It helps remove dead skin cells, oil, dirt and residue leaving you soft and glowy.
- Exfoliating dry versus wet increases friction allowing for a more effective exfoliation. This brushing method also stimulates sensory nerves, which some report as pleasant tingling sensation. Additionally, dry brushing improves blood flow
- Dry brushing is a great way to help eliminate the occurrence of ingrown hairs.
- Some proponents of dry brushing claim that it helps the lymphatic system detoxify, unfortunately there are currently no studies to prove this claim.
How to body brush
- Try dry brushing right before a shower. Start at the bottom (tops of feet) brushing gently towards the heart. Remember to get the back of you legs and your bottom too.
- Move on to your hands and arms. Start at the fingers brushing up towards the heart.
- Brush your torso (stomach and back) in a circular motion, switching the rotation direction after a few times. Use the handle to get those hard to reach areas on your back.
- Be very gentle brushing your neck, underarms and breast area as the skin tends to be more delicate here.
- A good rule of thumb is to brush toward the center of the body
How to care for you brush
Clean your body brush every week or every month depending on us. Wash it with warm water and allow it to fully dry. Hang it or place it with the bristles down so that it doesn't harbor the water. Do not leave your brush somewhere humid. Switch out your brush when you notice the bristles begin to break, fall off or if they become frayed.
- Dry brushing too abrasively can cause micro-cuts, irritation and dryness. Dry brushing should be done gently and should never hurt.
- If you find that dry brushing is too abrasive, wetting the brush softens the bristles and has a similar effect.
- To start, only brush once or twice per week. More experienced people may choose to brush more often.
- Be very gentle or completely avoid sensitive areas.
- Consult your dermatologist before using a dry body brush if you have eczema, psoriasis, keratosis pilaris or other skin conditions.
Return & Refund Policy
All unused products can be returned within 20 days of purchase with proof of payment (receipt). Item must be in good condition and in its original package. Buyer is responsible for shipping fees incurred by return
All orders are shipped using minimal amounts of packaging material. I reuse newspaper for padding, reuse clean boxes and seal them with water activated paper tape.
Products are shipped within 3 business days of order placement.
Additional Shipping Info
We package every order using absolutely no plastic. We opt for reusing cardboard boxes when available and using recycled tissue paper, water activated paper tape, single faced corrugated cardboard and old magazines and junk mail for padding. We collect all of these from our neighbors, family and friends and we use only what is necessary to keep your shipment safe during transport.